Pages

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

BLOGGING - So Much To Learn!

Hi all!
This morning as I think about this blog and all of you who have chosen to spend your valuable time sharing with me what I am doing - I really am humbled.  

Thank you 
for being here 
and 
REALLY thank you 
for being an inspiration to me to keep exploring my creative side. 

 In my life that depended on my education I taught high school biology and chemistry, so working in this way with fabric and color feels truly indulgent.  I LOVE seeing what everyone else is up to and what keeps you inspired and creatively fueled.  We all know how easy it is to put this area of our life on the back burner while taking care of all those pesky day-to-day necessities.

I recently discovered the Blogger's Quilt Festival at Amy's Creative Side.  If you aren't aware of it - hop on over and have a look at all the creativity here!  

Maybe you have something you'd like to share as well!

I am going to enter quilts that you have seen before,
 if this isn't your first time here.  
Alas I have nothing new QUITE ready for prime time!  

Here's what is going to the Blogger's Quilt Festival from Quilting Bias:









These are going into the Original Design category.








These 2 are going into the Modern Quilt category:


This particular quilt is my version of Jacquie Gering's Shattered quilt, without the borders and done in non-monochromatic way.  It was fun to create and is a springboard for really thinking improvisationally while not feeling boxed into re-creating someone else's work exactly as they originally did.

What inspires you and keeps you creating? 
 Please share with us in the comments.
  
Think about entering this non-judged festival!!  

If nothing else head over there to get a HUGE dose of quilty inspiration from this year as well as past year's entries.  
Thanks to Amy for thinking of and producing such an event!


4 comments:

  1. I'd like to read more about your quilts? I think the rules are up to two quilts each in separate categories each with its own post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Camilla - as I mentioned in my email to you, at the risk of boring my current followers, I have linked to original posts about these quilts as well as adding some other information. I guess I was really thinking only they would show up to new postings. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you for taking the time to come here and especially to comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I. Love. them. all. Awesome! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your quilts! Amazing job! I was going to vote for both of you Modern Quilt category quilts, but can only find the "Shattered" one. I don't see the second one :(

    ReplyDelete

I do love to hear your thoughts, and know others will too.
I look forward to reading YOUR comment!